Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Reflections: Looking Back

So, I guess some of the stories I'm most proud of (or, really that i just enjoyed writing the most) are: 

The Kindness of Christmas (or, sometimes lack thereof)

The Grumpy Boy and The Shy Girl

Be Careful What You Wish For

My project is definitely a bit rocky right now. I originally wanted to do a storybook (and I still really do) but I just don't have the time to put into it. So, this week I'm slowly switching to a portfolio instead. I hope it goes well, or at least better than my storybook did. 

My favorite readings so far have been the ones I did for my storybook. I really loved al of the ancient tales of east asian women. They were always so fantastic and captivating, I really enjoyed reading all of them. Especially the few where women were goddesses or great dragons to be worshipped.

Keeping up with this class has been harder for me than I had anticipated. It's not the only class though, I've had trouble in all of my classes this semester due to some health related issues. I generally do my work for this class while I'm at work in between projects. It's easiest. I'm already sitting down, at a god computer, in a quiet environment, and so it's easy to get to. I'm still trying to work on a more regular schedule, though. 



(credit in order: China /Japan / Korea / Palace - personal collage)

Saying goodbye to my storybook and it's image! I'll miss you! Portfolio, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    I’m sorry that your Storybook didn’t work out as you had hoped. It sounds like you had it all planned out. Maybe you can use some of that for your new project. Hopefully, however, your portfolio will end up going great! Like you, I do a lot of work for this class while I’m at work. It sounds like we are both a little short on time this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Sometimes that’s the best thing to do to avoid being very stressed out. I think you will still really love doing a portfolio and you will still have so many options to read about what you want or maybe even expand and incorporate the east Asian women stories into other stories. This class does take up a lot of time, but sometimes I try to look at it as a relaxing time to just read more than school work! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,
    Sometimes things happen for a reason. I agree with Alyse, there is no reason stressing yourself out over it. Even though you were not able to do a story book, I am certain you will end up rocking your portfolio. Plus it also gives you more time to really focus on your story telling assignments. Also, your blog is very beautiful! I love the colors and the images you post on your blog posts. You have a lot of creativity and I can tell there is a lot more to come from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria,

    I am sorry that your storybook did not work out as you had planned. It's gonna be oaky though! Perhaps you could incorporate some of your storybook ideas into your storytelling posts. I am sorry that you're having a rough semester and I hope it is getting much better for you. If I have not mentioned this before, I will now: I love the layout of your blog! It's really pretty and I love how your tags are organized. I hope you're feeling better. :) Keep your chin up! Things will always get better :)

    ReplyDelete