Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Reading Diary B (Week 7)


How the Wicked Tanuki was Punished 

(credit in photo link)

I was a bit unprepared for the dark twist this little story took, even though the title gave a bit of foreshadowing. I was quite upset to see the drastic and horrible change in the Tanuki. His son was quite cunning in getting his revenge, much like a fox would be I think. I like that he seemed to take after his mother and that he was able to avenge her death. I think a drastic character/plot change would be interesting to write. 

The Slaying of the Tanuki

(credit in photo link)

This tale was definitely a bit more morbid than I had expected. It was kind of a Japanese tale that had a Grimm feel to it. It ended happily in the end, as happy as it could at least, but still the part with the wife and...poor old couple. 

Uraschimataro and the Turtle

(credit in photo link)

It began so happily and then it ended so sadly! ㅠ.ㅠ I really, really liked this story but the ending was so sad. I was hoping so badly for a 'happily ever after' sort of thing but..so sad. ㅠ.ㅠ



No comments:

Post a Comment