Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reading Diary A (Week 9)


The Raven Myth: Raven's Creation

(credit in photo link)

I found this story very interesting as I've never heard another creation story quite like it. I really liked, what was to me, the uniqueness of it all. 

The Raven Myth: The Raven Creates the People

(credit in photo link)

Again the 'creation' sotyr continues and we follow the great Raven as he molds and crafts the world. I like that he sees the destructive tendency of man early and takes head to do something about it and that that something isn't quite as...over the top as some other 'creators'. 

The Raven Myth: The Skyland and The Sea

(credit in photo link)

The Raven Myth: Raven-Boy and the Sun

(credit in photo link)

I think what I took away from these readings most is having learned about a very different creation story than what I'm used to. I'm personally agnostic so I think it might be king of fun to try and write a creation story from my own imagination for my storytelling post wednesday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment