Monday, November 2, 2015

Reading Diary A: The Canterbury Tales (Week 11)

The Wife of Bath's Tale: The Unknown Bride

(credit in photo link)


What really stood out to me about this story was not really the story itself, though it was entertaining, but how the Wife of Bath used the story of Midas and changed it to fit her needs. I remembered that essentially that's what we're all doing when we write our stories each week. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things so I think this was a good reminder for me. 

The Friar's Tale: The Story of the Summoner

Well, that was fun. This story was a bit confusing for a bit but I caught on eventually and it was pretty funny in the end. One of those, "oh the irony" kind of things. I forget how much I really like stories with those sorts of endings. Maybe I'll try to fit that into mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment