Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Reading Diary A: Nursery Rhymes (Week 12)

Riddles

(credit in photo link)

I've always enjoyed riddles. I really love the success of figuring one out after thinking and thinking and thinking it through. These riddles were a bit over my head, though. I think a part of that was the time and context in which they were written which made understanding them a bit difficult. 

My favorite one was:

LITTLE Nancy Etticoat
In a white petticoat,
And a red rose.
The longer she stands
The shorter she grows.

[A candle.]

Because I actually got the answer correct!

I would really like to try and write a riddle, or even a paradox, but I don't know if I can. I could try, though. Or, maybe use one of the paradoxes I read and try to turn it into a story. We'll see!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Maria! I think it would be a lot of fun to write your own riddle! The easiest way to do it would be to just think as far outside the box as you can without wandering too far away from that box. If that makes sense. My sister is really good at coming up with riddles, but I’m not, haha. Hope your semester is going well!

    ReplyDelete