Monday, November 30, 2015

Famous Last Words: Christmas Lights! (Week 13)

To begin with...

I love Christmas! And everything about all of the holidays in general! It's hands-down my favorite part of the year. Isn't it everyone's? (No? Well, it should be.) 

So, I went down to Chickasha and got to see the lights! My family also lives in Yukon so I got to see the lights there, too. It was wonderful. The comforting old songs, the beautiful lights, spending time with friends and family-- just perfect! Oddly enough I've always loved walking in the cold weather. I could walk around for hours, with maybe a break for hot cocoa and a few pictures stops. So I was absolutely delighted to walk around looking at the lights and the pond. I got to bundle up in my new winter coat, my comfy ear muffs, a pretty scarf and my favorite winter boots. 

photo credit
Unfortunately, both times my phone was almost dead as I'd been out all day. Which meant I wasn't able to take any pictures of my own. So I'll just share some from the internet! So to your left and down below we have some of the Yukon, Oklahoma lights. I lived right across the highway from them all of high school and it was so wonderful to get to walk through them all winter long every year.
photo credit

You can drive through the lights but you can see so much more when you walk through them. There are a few little ponds and bridges you can walk over. Some hills that are super fun when it snows. You can sled down them at night because of all the beautiful lights. They also have a light show with a radio station you can tune into to listen as the lights flash along with the music. 

photo credit

The Chickasha lights are pretty similar. Except they have an actual building for restrooms, hot cocoa and warm cinnamon rolls which is super convenient. There's a big gorgeous pond in the center of the park and even in the cold they're just sitting all cute in the water doing duck stuff. They have an even bigger light show and it's so wonderful to watch and listen to the music. Here are some pictures of those light! (below)

photo credit
photo credit

1 comment:

  1. I went to the Chikasha Christmas lights last night! They were absolutely wonderful! I think your pictures turned out really well. Mine were not as good. I live in Colorado, and we have something simliar to this at the botanical gardens. Thankfully, last night it was not too cold while we were walking around. We got hot chocolate too which helped. My favorite part was the bridge!

    ReplyDelete