Friday, September 25, 2015

Essay: Bidpai Tales


(credit in photo link)


This week I read a handful of Bidpai tales and I really enjoyed them. I know there are plenty of other stories in the world that have tales that tell the same morals but I just really enjoyed these particular ones for some reason. Though due to serious apartment malfunctions I wasn't able to do a second reading diary, I did read more than what was shown in my first reading diary and I liked those very much as well.

This week was a good one, I think. My story came easily for the first time, which was really nice. I'm not sure why I write about kids so much but it seems to be a theme of mine. I need to switch things up! Even so, each little story made an impact on me. Maybe it was the writing style or something, I'm honestly not sure. 

Also, this week I did a different style of reading diary and it was a lot easier for me. When it comes to short stories like those trying to write out something long and descriptive is too difficult for me. It’s much easier to just summarize in my own thoughts and words what I got from the story. Then I just back through all of them and choose one to use as the base for my story.

I’m hoping these tales and this good week will be a turning point for me. Maybe next week will work out well, too? And maybe after that! I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I think you just really have to find stories that you like, and then everything that follows is easier. So I think what I most importantly learned is that I need to spend more time thinking about and choosing my stories.

Thank you! 안녕가새요!

No comments:

Post a Comment