Friday, December 4, 2015

Essay: Short Tales in Verse

So, this week I sort of came full circle. I started this class with Aesop's tales and I've finished it with the same thing, just in a different format. Between the prose version and the verse one I prefer the latter. The flow and rhythm of the verse forms of the stories are just more enjoyable for me. They're also more memorable for me, too. I also really like how reading them gave me the inspiration to write poetry again.

Something I learned was that I have a lot to still learn about writing in verse. The different La Fontaine stories had several different rhyming schemes and structures. I tend to stick the more well known ones and I've rarely experimented going out of my comfort zone. I wish I had had the chance in class to work on writing in different forms of verse. Even so, I'm really glad for the opportunity to write the poem I did and I hope others like it. 

image credit and story link

No comments:

Post a Comment