Monday, November 30, 2015

Reading Diary A: La Fontaine (Week 14)

This week I read the poetic fables of La Fontaine and I really enjoyed them. I forgot how much I love poetry and this reminded me that I actually used to write quite a bit of it 'back in the day'. I wanted to reread Dante's Inferno for this week but quickly realized I wasn't quite sure what to take from it to try for my story this week. Poetry though sounds like a fun challenge. Though I particularly liked the stories about foolish animals and foolish humans, I don't think I'm going to limit myself quite yet. I know I want to try out poetry this week and I think I'll leave what kind open for now. However, I did note that some of the rhyming patterns were just not pleasant for me to read and so I'll very likely be avoiding those. I think I'll study a bit and look back on my old poetry to help select a style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment