Thursday, August 20, 2015

내 좋아하는 장소~ (My favorite places~)

I have done quite a bit of traveling and I have many favorite places but of them all Korea stands out in my memory the most. There are many little areas and locations in Korea that I love dearly, here are a few examples:

The historical villages, or 한옥마을 (Hanok Ma-eul);

Bukchon Hanok Village (북촌 한옥마을) -


Namsangol Hanok Village (남산골 한옥마을) -


Jeonju Hanok Village (전주 한옥마을) - 


The different markets all over the country;

Jagalchi Fish Market, Busan (자갈치시장(부산)) -


Namdaemun Market (남대문시장) -



Gwangjang Market (광장시장) -


Also, the beautiful historical palaces;

Changdeokgung Palace (창덕궁 궁전) -


Deoksugung Palace (덕수궁 궁전) -



And finally my absolute two top favorite places in Korea;

Gyeongbokgung Palace (경복궁 궁전) -






and something a little more modern-

Tom n' Toms! (탐앤탐스) -








3 comments:

  1. Oh, I was hoping you would share some pictures of Korea, Maria: fabulous! I love the pictures of the market (I became a big fan of Korean food when I lived in Berkeley, where there were two fantastic Korean cafes, both near campus). I look forward to learning all kinds of things from you in the class this semester! Just as a quick reference, here are a couple of the Korean folktale books I have found online: such great stuff!
    Korean Tales by H. N. Allen
    The Nnmannerly Tiger, and Other Korean Tales by W. E. Griffis
    Korean Folk Tales by Im Bang and Yi Ryuk / trans. J. S. Gale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Professor Gibbs! I love any opportunity to share my passion for Korea with others! I look forward to reading and writing about the many Korean folktales and fables!

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous photos of amazing places you have visited. I can see why they are some of your favorite places. It is so different in architecture than here in the United States. It looks so clean and organized there in their markets. It is like a breath of fresh air to look at the photos and then compare to our cities and markets here. I hope to someday get to see amazing places like this. Thank you for sharing your favorites with us.

    ReplyDelete